Sunday, June 17, 2007

June 10th Great Falls, MT to Lincoln, MT

I picked up my bike in Missoula on the way back to Great Falls. Chris, the person how worked on it, did a fantastic job and I was confident it would hold up. I got back to Great Falls in the early afternoon and set off for Lincoln. I stopped at a gas station to get some food, water and snacks and bumped into an young man named Jim who said he was going my way and offered a ride to the outskirts of Great Falls, which I decided to take.

My ride was a little further than expected for I fell asleep and when Jim stopped we were some 20 miles further than I expected. On the good side I was closer to Lincoln and out of traffic, just needed to remember I had some twenty miles to make up. Plus, now I had a chance to make it to Lincoln which I figured was about 55 miles away.

For most of today's ride I was riding in open country which was not that interesting. Towards the end I started a gradual climb into the foothills of the Rockies which ended with about a 4 mile 6 percent grade over Rogers Pass and then a downhill glide into Lincoln.

First pass out of the way without incident and I'm very cozy in my 45.00 motel room as it is raining!

1 Comments:

Blogger Keith Drury said...

Watching you coach! Keep on keeping on!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home