Thursday, June 08, 2006

3 Miles East of Williamsport to 3 Miles West of Little Orleans - June 5

It rained much of the night, but is nice now. Ate breakfast and loaded up the bike trailer and was off for another day of mainly pedaling. (Although did get to put into the water for a short time above dam number 5.)

Not a real exciting day. Met many nice people along the way and will post pictures when I get a chance. (Probably in a week or so.) Just east of Hancock I was able to switch over to what is called the Maryland Trail. It is a paved bike trail that parallels the C & O trail for about 20 miles. This was a very welcome change. Made much better time than I could on the graveled C & O.

If you are wondering what it's like to pull a bike canoe trailer loaded with a 17' canoe and gear, well it's like pulling a child in a wagon with the bike wheels on gravel and the trailer wheels following along through grass. Gets to you after awhile!

Stopped at Little Orleans for a beverage and found the two guys and lady I'd met outside Shepardstown. Their plans were to stay at a little resort in this small town of a pub and old gas station. I biked on to the next campground where I came upon a youth group of 7 teens and two adult men leaders.

They invited me to stay with them, which I did. I had a great time. The teens were excited about what I was doing and asked a million questions. Just had a great time chatting with them. (They will be finishing their trip tomorrow in Little Orleans)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home