Friday, June 09, 2006

Mountains of WV to Parkersburg by Bike - June 8th

Feel good this morning. Knee is a whole lot better. Off and pedaling at around 6:00A.M. and hoping to make it to Parkersburg by late afternoon. Weather is good and very little wind.

Funny how when you wonder how things are going to go when you're not sure you made the right decision. Well this has been a good decision. Riding in this mountain country is beautiful and definitely not as difficult as people made it out to be. Maybe they were just being nice and not saying, "You're too old to be riding a little bike across the mountain." One of my faults, I guess, is when I hear the word "can't" I usually try!

I arrived in Parkersburg around 3:00. From Clarksburg to Parkersburg it was mainly downhill and my little bike just flew. Must say I did get a lot of funny looks from the cars going by. I was wondering what they were thinking. I'm sure they were wondering who the idiot was riding that little bike!

I brought my gear over to Belpre, OH to Dave's Marine by pedaling the 3 miles to the Ohio River. Lots of strange looks from passing cars and pedestrians as I worked my way down main street Parkersburg!

Dave is very nice and said he'd keep my gear safe until I planned to go on, which I'm thinking will be in a couple of days. I need to rest a little and get the swelling down in my knee.

Back to the motel and rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home