Sunday, June 17, 2007

June 14th (Morning) Clarkston, WA

Last night my plans were to take my first real day off today. It is now about 9:00AM and I'm just pacing, so as soon as I finish this entry I will get on the water. Not only am I antsy, but my friend Jim McIntyre plans to meet me in Portland at the end of the month and bring me home. Well, I figure I have about 300 miles and I will be in Portland and at the rate I'm going I will be there in 6 t0 7 days, which means I will be 10 or more days ahead of Jim. So, here is the plan. No way can I sit around for 10 days. I still have a round trip air fare ticket I have not used. I figure I will take advantage of it now. So I booked a flight home from Portland for the 18th with a return to Portland on the 27th. That way I will get a much needed rest plus I will be with family and be back when Jim gets here.

That means I must get a move on it. I figure I can get to or very close to Cascade Locks in the next 4 and half days, find a place to store my gear and get a ride to the airport. I'm not sure how all this is going to work, but somehow it will. Plus it's a new challenge.

Between now and then I will be mostly in a remote area until I get to the Tri-Cities area of Washington, so I will be doing the next 4 day journal entries when I get home.

Time to get moving...It will be good to be back with family and friends.

I wonder if I can still hit a golf ball?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home