Sunday, July 01, 2007

June 28th: Back to Portland

I hope today is not a sign of how the finish is going to be to my trip. I was supposed to fly out of Duluth at 12:45, but ended up leaving at 2:35 because of plane delays, which meant I would miss my flight from Minneapolis to Portland. In the end I got to Portland at 9:30 PM, which is 11:30 Central. I was rerouted from Portland to Boise, ID and then to Portland. Not a pleasant day.

On the good side, my friend Jim was there waiting for me with a smile. LuAnn was able to get in touch with him earlier in the day to let him know I would be late.

Well, the day ended with a 2-plus hour drive to Biggs, OR where we were able to get a room for the night. So, at 1:00 in the morning, (3:00 central time) I'm in bed, hoping this is the bad day and tomorrow I will have good paddling conditions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home