Saturday, July 29, 2006

July 28 - Sioux City to Little Sioux

Woke up feeling great and was on the water by 6:00AM. By the way, I did have a great steak last night. Rob Gaston from Minneapolis is the Marina Inn resturant manager and said they serve the best steaks around. He was right.

The first part of the day went well. Miles were flying by until about noon. Then the wind picked up and the heat kicked in. The wind was coming straight from the south and along with the heat made for a miserable afternoon of paddling. Proabably the worst day I've had so far. By day's end I could hardly move and was feeling very lightheaded.

Tomorrow is supposed to be much of the same. Wind from the south and even hotter. I'll need to stop more and drink more water. I think that was my mistake today.

Need to get to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home