Wednesday, August 02, 2006

August 2nd, Day off in Atchison

Woke up at 4:30 ready to start paddling and realized I was in a motel! Went back to sleep and woke up at 8:30! Did a few sets of pushups and situps and then washed clothes before I headed to the library to do my journal entries.

Atchison is a neat town. They really have a nice riverfront dedicated to our military veterans. I was disappointed in St. Joseph's waterfront, but Atchison's is very impressive for a town of 17,000. They also have a nice museum with collections of railroad, Old West and many personal effects of Amelia Earhart's.

Basically trying to get through the day. Tough for me to just sit around so I took my bike and rode around for most of the afternoon. (For anyone coming this way, I'd recommend Paolucci's Restaurant and Lounge. Great Italian food.)

Tomorrow I will work my way to Kansas City. It's only 6o miles so I will,,, must,,, go slow and do only about 30 miles tomorrow and arrive the following day, Friday in K.C., giving me time to get a motel and prepare for my ride back to Yankton on Saturday and fly home on Sunday from Sioux City.

Only 5:30PM, guess I'll go back to the motel and do another set of pushups and situps!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice having you at the hotel with us!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Keith Drury said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home