Thursday, July 05, 2007

July 5th: Fisher Island to an Island west of Skamokowa,WA

What a great evening. Nice sunset and I even woke up to see the finale of the Longview fireworks!


I have less than 60 miles to go! Plans for the day is to get to or just past Skamokowa, WA. Then tomorrow I will have less than 20 miles to Astoria.


What a morning, absolutely no wind and I have the tide again in my favor. By noon I was already at the Cathlamet, WA bridge. This was a little bit sentimental for if the weather was bad I was going to make this my stop. In a few miles I will approach wide open water that if the weather were bad I may not be able to navigate. Not today, there's only a slight chop and I only had about 5 miles of wind area early that I was able to get through with little trouble.


Well, for the 3rd day in a row I stopped early! (Hard to believe, I know) I'm on an island just west of the village of Skamokowa and tomorrow I will have less than 20 miles to go and I will be at the Astoria Bridge, and where the Columbia river opens to the Pacific Ocean. Atlantic to the Pacific...I'll be darned, I think I'm going to make it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home