Thursday, June 22, 2006

East of Wolf Creek to Lewisport - June 20

Big, big day today! Up early and decided to bike to Mooleyville, KY. This takes off another little loop of the Ohio. Also want to bike because yesterday it felt good to get some strength exercise for my knee.

Today was a good day. Hot, high humidity. Just a tough day to do things, which I've always liked, but on this trip, up until today I just have not felt 100 per cent. Not sure why, maybe just old, but mostly I think it has been my knee. Anyway, today it felt great, and my strength was very good. Maybe not 100 per cent, but good enough to enjoy the tough going. Just like old times!

I got back into the water at Mooleyville and paddled to Cloverport, expecting a possibility of getting a motel there. No such luck! A guy told me the closest motel was in Haweville. So off I went, thinking I could get there by 9:00. Got there around 8:30, central time! NO Motel here either, but told there was a Best Western 8 miles down the road at Lewisport. So, hooked up the trusty little bike and pedaled to Lewisport.

Got to the motel and settled in and went outside to relax for awhile. There sat Ed and his wife (did not get a last name). They'd been at a car show and stopped for the evening. Nice 1948 Ford Coupe he had. We chatted for awhile and up comes this lady and her daughter. They park right next to us and and unload their gear. Part of the gear was golf clubs! Julie and her daughter were playing in the Kentucky State Amateur Tournament. Well, long story short, Julie and Audrey got settled in and came back for a chat. Nex thing you know, everyone was hitting golf balls out into a bean field next to the motel. Did not expect to get any golf in this trip, but did and my swing is as bad as usual!

Another good evening. People have made this trip and on the water you do not experience it as much. (On one of the next few posts I will describe the Ohio in more detail.)

So, once again I'm glad I made the decision to grab a motel this evening. Funny how things work out.

Good, good day again; hot, humid, long and a few laughs at the end!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home