Friday, June 16, 2006

Manchester to 15 miles east of Cincinnati - June 14th

Another good day. I made good mileage all day. Only problem was that I stayed in my canoe for 4 hours before getting out. Damn! Although, for the rest of the day I got out every 3, well, maybe 3 and 1/2 hours! Still, I felt good at the end of the day.

Ate lunch at a boat ramp near Dover, KY and had a nice visit with an old timer (well, older than me!) who was waiting for his son to come back from fishing. Nice gentleman who filled me in on the local history.

For most of the day I had wind in my face, which slowed things down a little, but still managed approx. 50 or more miles. Although, it took me until about 10:00PM to do it! I couldn't find a good place to set up camp. Most everything along the Ohio is at a 45 degree slant so you must really look close for a spot to set up. I must admit I did pass up about 3 to 4 decent places earlier, but always figured there'd be a better one just around the corner! (My PCT friends will understand that reasoning!) Well, at around 1o I did find a nice level spot. Except for the big coal power plant directly across the river, I couldn't complain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home