Monday, July 03, 2006

One Sandbar to the next! - June 29th

Slept in this morning (Working on this slower pace) until 7:00AM. River is calm except for the current moving in the wrong direction. Very peaceful setting as I ate my morning oatmeal breakfast. Good thoughts.

The Mississippi River water quality seems very much like the Ohio River to me. What is different is the Mississippi banks are not as steep, especially on the IL side. There are many sand bars, which work great for camping and there is little trash along the banks. On the Ohio it looked more like a city dumping site. Also, on the Mississippi there are many more fishermen and just as many barges as the Ohio.

The day was much like yesterday. Did not push hard and even took two breaks in the morning and a nap around 1:00PM. At day's end I figured I was about 25 or maybe less miles from St. Louis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home