Monday, August 21, 2006

August 19 - West of Verdel Landing to Platte Creek

Great Day! What wind I have is from the south and I'm moving northwest.

First part of the day was paddling the last river section I will have for this section. Very nice morning paddle with high bluffs on the Neb. side of the river. Even though I've been on only one lake I can tell you I like the rivers a whole lot better than lakes.

I reached the Randall Dam around 2:00 and then hooked up my bike and trailer and pedaled around the dam to the North Wheeler Recreation Area.

Francis Case Lake is a BIG lake! Good thing is there is little wind and the lake is relatively calm.

For the rest of the day I just paddled along the northeast shore wondering what this would be like if I had wind.

As the day wound down so did what wind I had and now the lake was almost like glass. Just a beautiful sight with the sun starting to set in the west.

Made camp near Platte Creek as the sun was setting. Ate dinner and lay in my tent enjoying the evening and wondering what tomorrow would bring. Hopefully no wind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home