Sunday, August 20, 2006

August 17th - SUPERIOR TO YANKTON

I did not mentioned that I lucked out again in storing my gear when I got to Yankton. Turns out a good friend, Dean Neumann, had a niece that lived in Yankton. Dean and his wife Teri have been friends for years. Teri is a retired elementary teacher in Superior and Dean a retired middle school principal. Dean's niece, Lara Cunningham and husband Darrin were nice enough not only to care for my gear, but even offered to pick me up at the airport in Sioux Falls upon my return, which he did.

Turns out Darrin and his boss, Jim Vlahakis, had a golf tournament today just north of Sioux Falls so they said they would pick me up when they were done at around 5:30. That was great, although my plane arrived at 10:20 in the morning which meant a few hours of waiting, which was okay. What I did was walk over to the mall about 7 miles from the airport and hung around until they arrived.

Darrin and Jim picked me up a little after five and we were in Yankton around 6:30. It was a long day so after supper I excused myself and I was off to bed by 8:00.

Plan for tomorrow is Darrin taking me down to the marina around 8:00 and I will be off heading to Mandan wondering how it will be, canoeing four large lakes between Yankton and Mandan. I start with the Lewis and Clark Lake here at Mandan.

Guess I'll find out real soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home