Monday, June 12, 2006

Pomeroy to somewhere East of Huntington, WV - June 11

I woke at about 7:30 and for a change took my time in getting ready to push off. Glad I did for the owner of the site came back with breakfast! Not only breakfast, he also took me to a local Walmart and I was able to pick up some supplies. Just cannot believe how nice the people have been on this journey.

Pushed off at 9:00 and spent the day paddling under the threat of rain, but it never happened until I'd completed setting up camp at 8:00, somewhere outside Huntington, WV.

Day was very uneventful. Just me, my thoughts, and lousy singing on a nice easy paddle down the Ohio!

Could not get lucky three days in a row! I had to set up camp on the Ohio side along the river. Tried to find a level spot, but everything slopes to the river at a fairly good angle. But I've slept in worse situations.

Eating in the tent this evening for it's raining pretty good.

I hope to make it to Huntington around noon tomorrow. Plan to get a motel and rest a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home