Wednesday, August 30, 2006

August 26th - Mobridge to Shaws Landing

Lake Oahe has been very gentle. Nothing like what I was told to expect. Today there's been hardly a ripple on the water. Only obstacles have been the hundreds of dead trees standing in the water. As I cut the corners of the lake, one must be a little careful as I work my way through the maze of trees. It would really be a danger if I had to fight waves, but I've been lucky all along this stretch.

Tomorrow I will leave South Dakota and enter North Dakota and should reach Bismarck/Mandan sometime on Monday. It's funny, as I near the end the more anxious I seem to get. Sort of wishing it was over, yet knowing in a week or two after I've finished I will be missing the river. I'm also noticing more river current as I near the end of the this lake which doesn't help the arm and shoulder fatigue I've been feeling the last few days. Hopefully a good night's rest will help. Think I have about 80 some miles to go, but again, who's counting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home